Job title: Enzyme Engineer
Apostle is a provider of innovative technologies and services for public health and life sciences. Our featured innovations include Apostle MagTouch Nucleic Acids Isolation Automation System, and Apostle MiniMax cfDNA technologies (as reported in Science, New Products, 2019), among others.
Why work at Apostle
- Opportunity – Apostle is a thriving startup located in the heart of Silicon Valley. This is an opportunity to become an early employee of an exciting and high energy pre-IPO Research and Development company.
- Passion & Challenge – We are passionate about what we do and enjoy working with others who feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come with working on the cutting edge. You are given the resources you need to succeed and the freedom to make it happen; in return, you will be rewarded as the company grows. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who understands and appreciates the entrepreneurial environment of a startup and who is willing to do what it takes to contribute to the success of the company.
- Being part of a great team – We are a Stanford University StartX selected company; a BioSpace top 20 Startups to Watch (2018); a partner with Beckman Coulter Life Sciences; and our first wave of new product Apostle MiniMax is featured in Science, 2019;364(6441):696, New Products. Come join us.
We are seeking a motivated individual for an Enzyme Engineer position that will specialize in protein R&D and manufacturing. This person will be expected to tackle a variety of cross-functional challenges as part of Apostle’s R&D team.
- Ph.D. or Master degree in Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or a related field
- Hands-on experience in enzyme or protein engineering, including experience in manufacturing one or more of the following proteins in a cGMP or lab setting: proteinase K, DNase, RNase, DNA polymerase, RNA polymerase, reverse transcriptase, antibodies.
- Expertise in enzyme kinetics, variant library design, protein expression and qualification
- Design, construct, test, and manufacture proteins/enzymes for a variety of utilities
- Build and screen libraries of enzyme variants
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary scientific team to implement experimental and manufacturing plans and achieve project goals; Communicate results of experiments with colleagues
- Support cross-functional R&D, manufacturing responsibilities
- Must be flexible to be able to apply her/his knowledge to new areas of study and responsibility
- Must be flexible with day-to-day duties and able to thrive in a start-up environment
- Must be well-organized and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a quick learner who is self-motivated and able to ask questions and seek clarity
- Must be an excellent team member and a desire to work collaboratively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and willingness to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast paced and dynamic start-up company environment
- Must hold him or herself to the highest professional, scientific and ethical standards
North America-United States-CA-San Jose
How to apply
Send a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org